Some simple configuration is required for the use of DocXtender
Users will require some permissions to use this extension. These can be added on the User Card or included in a User Group set of permissions.
- For an administrator to configure DocXtender apply permission set ‘DOCX-SETUP’.
- For a user to attach files apply permission set ‘DOCX-USER’.
- All users require the ‘IWX COMMON’ permission set.
To configure DocXtender navigate to “DocXtender Setup.”
- File Storage Behavior: Determines where you would like your files to be stored.
- Document Attachments: Use this option if you would like your documents to be stored internally in Dynamics 365 Business Central’s Document Attachments. This option does not support the Replace Automatically Duplicate Behavior option.
- Drop Behavior: Determines whether the user should be notified after a document has been attached or uploaded.
- Silent: The user will not be notified that a document has been attached or uploaded.
- Confirmation: The user will be notified that a document has been attached or uploaded.
- Duplicate Behavior:
- Prevent: Duplicate files will not be attached or uploaded.
- Rename Automatically: Duplicate files will be renamed and then attached or uploaded.
- Rename Prompt: The user will be prompted about whether they would like to rename. If accepted duplicate files will be renamed and then attached. This is not supported for SharePoint storage.
- Replace: The existing file will be overwritten with the new file. This is not supported for Document Attachment storage.
- SharePoint Host: This is your own SharePoint host. The format for the host is typically “yourcompanyname.sharepoint.com.”
- SharePoint Site: This is optional, but recommended. It is the name of the Site where you would like documents to be uploaded to. Example result: yourcompanyname.sharepoint.com/sites/MySite/
- SharePoint Folder: This is optional, but recommended. It is the name of the parent folder where you would like documents to be uploaded to. Example result: yourcompanyname.sharepoint.com/sites/MySite/MyFolder/